Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grandma Glo's house

The day after school let out for summer, the kids and I skipped town and headed directly to Grandma Glo's in Grand Junction, Colorado.

This pic is better suited for Kalli's birthday post, but I forgot to include it. Question: How many 8-year-old girls want a Topsy Turvey tomato planter for their birthday? But look at Kalli's toothless grin: obviously this was a roof-raiser!!



Kate at dinosaur hill in Grand Junction... Look at those eyes.

Me and my crew.


Grandma and my crew.


Lizard sans crew.



Sometimes when I think I'm having a bad day, I visualize this poor guy's demise, and suddenly I feel much better.


Not ending well for this cowboy, either.


How can this possibly be fun? For horse or for rider???


This is the equivalent of a rodeo ambulance. The guy gets stepped on by a bull and this is how they extract him from the rodeo ring.


Tuck and Brodie.


Kalli with same dog.



Grandma's house has an indoor pool. The kids spent at least six hours a day in there!



Kalli in said pool


And Kate. All thumbs up.


Tuck, mitt, baseball hat and tree.


Still in the tree, he ripped off a branch and fantasized his way through batting warmups...



I love this kid's smile.


The property on which my parents live has a pond, equipped with a paddle boat. Good times.


My crew plus cousin Rachel.


Notice the thinning crowd...even boating on ponds loses its appeal in sweltering heat. :)

No comments: