I've had a few emails and phone calls inquiring about our local flooding issues. I thought I'd give you a visual. Here's the before and after pictures of the beautiful Snoqualmie Falls:

Two weeks ago, during our deep freeze period

This morning, before they closed off the highway leading to the falls
Additional local pictures:

Mind you, we live on a ridge about two miles from all of this, so we're in the clear (or the dry, I should say), but my heart goes out to all the people whose homes are literally under water right now. And the river, as of 11pm tonight, has not yet crested. So sad...
3 comments:
I thought about you last night when we were watching the news and was glad you live on high ground. It is heart breaking to consider all the damage to people's homes and lives!
Thanks for posting the pictures and thanks for the secret advice :)
I'm sure glad you are safe and sound. That is incredible all the water over the falls. It sure has been crazy weather for sure. Stay safe.
WOW I'm thinking that being snowed in doesn't sound so bad right know, I was wondering about all that flooding. Glad your up in the mountains.
Post a Comment