Monday, October 20, 2008

"Security 308, We Have A Hostile White Female..."

It's 12:30am and I just got off the phone with my sister Becca. She had me rolling.

Apparently a few nights ago Becca had dropped by the college where she's taking a few classes to pick up notes from a friend. She parked her car in a permitted spot that she didn't exactly have a permit for and walked down the sidewalk, never leaving sight of her car. She retrieved the notes from her friend and as she was walking back to her car, noticed that a parking lot attendant was on the scene.

After a brief verbal exchange, it became clear the parking lot attendant, a short woman of Hispanic descent, was not to be swayed; Becca was getting a ticket.

Becca went postal. She let the woman know in no uncertain terms how she felt about being ticketed in a way that only the Becca we know and love can. Exasperated, Becca got in her car and the lady beat on her window, saying, "Unless you're willing to face harsher consequences, you'll roll down your window." Becca rolled down the window and let her have it again (verbally), and the lady pulled out her walkie talkie and called in reinforcements: "Security 308, we have a hostile white female," repeating it several times. HA! I love it! I don't believe security ever showed up and Becca did get a ticket, but at least she was able to vocally vent her frustrations in person rather than keeping it bottled up all the way home. That's just not healthy. :)

Here's how Becca and I decided the rest of our family (a fiesty bunch) would have handled the situation. I hope none of the siblings are offended. :)

Father Con, with his best poker face, would have rattled off some legal jargon, then offered to rent the parking lot attendant one of his homes.

Mother Gloria would have commandeered a tank and mowed down all of the "permit parking only" signs, then demanded to see the woman's green card.

Javan would have removed her tires and put her car on blocks.

Jamin would have managed to get some free stuff out of the whole ordeal.

Judah would have covertly found out where she lives and thrown a flaming bag of poo at her front door.

Anna would have beat her up.

Becca...well, we know what Becca did. :)

Debbie would have given her the stink eye and held a really long grudge.

Tami would have diplomatically heard her out and then driven away, without the ticket.

(Notice I conveniently left myself off the list. You can do that when it's your blog.)

I love my family. :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I love reading your blog -- it always makes me laugh. You really need to write for a magazine -- you are so witty and funny about some of the crazy or mundane things of life.

Anna said...

Are we really THAT crazy of a family? :) I think that you really nailed each of us...fortuntely it has been since the hockey rink that I have taken a fist to anyone! So what's your reaction? I'm curious...

The Reynolds Family said...

That is so funny!It's just a testament at how well you know your fam! What a great fam you have indeed!

Tami said...

Hillarious! I don't know all of your siblings, but I know your parents and Judah enough to get a good laugh out of your commentary on them. So funny. You would have gotten away without a ticket somehow I am sure.