Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Gross Bag

Tanner's groovy soccer moves. He's so stinkin' cute in his uniform.



Kate and Tanner horse racin' at the stake activity last month. I cannot believe how much energy is packed into their little bodies!


Tucker and his buddies Preston and Andrew at the line.



Kalli, a horse and a strange man with a mustache.


Now to the topic of this blog post. A little history first. A few weeks ago, while playing on the playground during Tanner's soccer practice, Kalli was pummeled in the head with a plastic Pokemon toy that was thrown by a friend. The Pokemon action figure left a substantial and profusely bloody dent in her upper forehead, requiring a doctor to dermabond it back together in the ER.

Kalli was relatively unphased and rather proud of her war wound.

Last week, while I was at my mom's in Idaho, Kalli's dermabond/scab fell off. Knowing how very much I would want to see the remains, she thoughtfully secured it in a ziploc baggy which she marked "Gross Bag," so that it wouldn't be confused with a school lunch snack. Referencing the above photograph, the scab resides in the lower left corner of the baggy. Kalli initially added a few bloody bandaids to the bag, but then thought better of it and removed them so that the scab could rest in peace.

I love kids and their everlasting humor. It's good to be home!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hi!!! So fun to see your family! I love your stories too! I'll e-mail soon!

Laurie said...

That is hysterical!!!!! First of all, I love the "official" looking soccer clothes rather than the goofy t-shirts the boys had last year...urrrr. But that is terribly, grossly funny about Kalli and her ziploc. Perhaps you can glue dot it into her scrapbook... :)

Unknown said...

Kalli is a goof. I love that she's a cutie tomboy!!

Tami said...

That is hilarious! Kalli is such a cutie! Fun soccer pictures.

The Reynolds Family said...

Okay Kalli is officially the funniest, most unique 6 year old I have ever met. She has the most amazing imagination. When Wyatt gets together with her, they do things that he could never conjure up...I just want to eat her up she is so fun!