Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

What a wonderful weekend spent listening to the inspired messages of our church leaders. It is so encouraging to know that they are aware of the needs of the members and that they truly love us. I didn't count how many of them shed tender tears, but I was profoundly moved by their open sensitivity. That to me is true manhood.

We enjoyed a huge breakfast and Sunday conference at our house with Sommer and her family as well as Dale and Susan, who had come up Saturday afternoon and spent the night. It's so nice to have family around to share these experiences with!

Hope all of you had a great weekend, too.Love, Mara


Thanks to those who sent the kids' conference packets. They kept the kids super busy. I think mine actually watched 6 of the 8 hours this time~!


Doesn't little Eden look adorable?!

5 comments:

Bailey Bunch said...

I am glad you guys had a wonderful conference weekend. We are all so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me. Love you! Oh and I love the picture of Eden praying. That is priceless!:)

Anonymous said...

Thats a sweet set up you have going on!! I will have to remember that for when my kids are a little older.
Eden is so cute..maybe you could look to her as an example since I assuming you were snapping pictures during the prayer:)!

Love ya!!

shelby said...

Looks like you all enjoyed the time together! Wish we could of been with you all!

Tami said...

You took a picture during the prayer? I would have been in so much trouble! I already get busted for opening my eyes sometimes. Who else is going to keep an eye on escapees? Eden does look adorable though! Nice job helping your kids enjoy Conference weekend. We loved it too!

The Reynolds Family said...

That was a fun little session! It's always fun to come over to your house...so easy, so casual! I guess you got caught on the taking pics during the prayer...doesn't seem wierd to me..I always have my camera around my neck at prayer time...what are these people razzing you about?!