Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer's End

I finally uploaded the pics from our last few weeks of summer. Here you have our life through the eyes of a Canon.

Sweet Tucker, thoroughly enjoying Scout camp. Really. He was thrilled to be there. He's just feigning immense boredom in this picture to throw you off. Silly, silly Tucker.


For some unknown reason, my camera-happy tweener has gone loopy on me and now hides or grimaces during every photo op. She's still beautiful, even when giving me the stink eye. :)

And here is baby Brooklyn (Shelby and Garrett's little girl). So very cute and precocious.


There's a story here. Every time we go to Sunriver, Oregon, the kids and I (and usually Grandma, though she opted out this year) take a trail ride on horseback. Which is great fun for the kids, but without fail, I get a defunct horse. This year's beauty (ha ha) was named Roany, because he was a roan horse (that's the byproduct of a horse and a donkey love fest). This horse stunk, was ugly, had a persistent nasal drip and bad gas. He had also mastered the art of slipping the bit over his horrifically yellow teeth, leaving me with no control. I finally mastered a wrist-flick technique that resituated the bit and totally ticked off the horse. By the end of the ride, we were happy to part ways. Look how pleased I was to dismount!


Kal on a pony named Patches. She informed me that the horse lady told her that Patches had won seven times. When I asked what he'd won, she replied, "Who cares?"

Lots of pool fun...I love Kate's dimples.


Remember the tale of Tucker's too-small bike? Well, we splurged and bought him a too-big bike in Sunriver (apparently he's at that in-between stage :). He wiped out numerous times but was gleeful with the purchase. He said, "Thank you a million times."

Eden attacking Tanner. The girl is hilarious...like a midget beast! Tanner obviously loves it.

I do not know what inspired this expression, but I love it!

Nor do I know what inspired this one, but I'm sure it had to do with a bodily function or an evil plot.

First day of school! Okay, so it was almost a week ago...They were so excited.

And last but not least, Kate and her first day of middle school. I had to hold back a few tears dropping off my big girl. She's such a great kid. She must come from great stock. :)
Cheers! Mara

8 comments:

Sean said...

what beautiful children. The blonde woman is pretty dang hot too.

Susie said...

Love the cute pictures of your family. That is funny about the horse you were riding, I'm sorry you had a dunned horse. I can't believe that Kate is in middle school I remember when i taught her when she was 8. Your kids are sure growing up fast.

Sara said...

Seriously, Kate in middle school, I'm freaking out. Thank goodness I still have one more year. Looks like you had a fun summer, miss you terribly. I'm thinking about inviting myself out again next May. You up for it?

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

You always have the best captions for your amazing pictures (and I want a Canon!)
Do you pull all the same funny faces as your adorable kids? Let's see more of you - like the roan horse dismount! Thanks for teaching me what a roan is. I feel smarter now.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the early evening giggles (as my kids scream upstairs). Love the 1st day of school photos with the bright shiny white sneakers. What's up with Sean in the photo? Did it have to do with a bodily function too? Your pictures look great. I can tell you've been studying out that camera. Now you can teach me! :) What happened to lunch this week loser?

Michelle said...

Hi Mara! Thanks for the post on my blog. I love looking at your blog. You have not changed a bit... and either has Sean. I cannot believe Katelyn is in Middle School! Seriously!!! Guess who we ran into at the Training Table? The Pettit's. They asked about you guys and I told her about your blog. We're hoping to get together with them some time. When is your next trip to Utah? We should have a mini reunion :) We started reminiscing about College Park with them. Did you remember You and I threw a baby shower for Carol? I didn't remember that! I told Carol, "how nice of us!" ha ha! Alright, sorry to post this long message. Talk to you soon.

Bailey Bunch said...

I love looking at your blog!:) I love the pictures form Sunriver especially the dismount pictures. Thanks for the amazing description of the horse. Love it! I also love Eden climbing on Tanners back. She is such a cutie!:) And finally I LOVE Katelyn. She is such a special girl! She holds a special place in my heart!:) Love ya!

Tami said...

Looks like you guys had a great summer! Thanks for the fun pics. Your kids are sooo cute and you look great!