I love Tucker's latest verbal oddity. He frequently includes the word "slash" in his sentences. For example, today he was talking about a trip we took two summers ago: "Remember when we went to Utah-slash-Colorado?" And dinner plans went like this: "So we're having enchiladas-slash-corn?"
Kalli informed me last week that she's afraid to go upstairs because of the Thriller music video we showed her online. The site also included current photos of Michael Jackson. I said, "Are you afraid because of the scary monsters and Michael Jackson's yellow werewolf eyes in the video?" She replied, "No, that's just pretend. I'm scared of the picture of his normal face."
Today I shopped for Mother's Day cards. I should know better and just make them at home, because I always end up sniveling. Granted, there are some painfully cheesy cards out there but occasionally I'll come across one that makes me go soft and weepy. At best I should take Kleenex with me. I love my Mom and my mother-in-law.
The weather is blah today and I'm dying for some warmth. My friend Rachel just got back from Cabo and brought me a bag of sand from the beach. I think I'll go heat it up in the microwave and stick my face in it. See ya!
This is what happens at my house when we consume sugar and turn the music up too loud...
...and this is Kalli's latest invention, soon to be released as, "Foot Binding for Dummies."
These are my sisters and my mother. I love them, but am not sure where they are...WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE? CALL ME ALREADY!
7 comments:
What cute funny kids you have. I'm so glad you have a blog. It's great to catch up with you and yours.
Mara,
Hey there. I found you on Lisa's blog. So good to see you and your family are doing so well.
Danna Lindemann
Are you sure it is the cup? :) ok, kali and the scarey m.j. face made me laugh so hard. that is funny!!!!
I love the slash thing...I actually didn't already know about that!
Are those cups on Kali's feet? If so remind me of this next time I am at your house and in need of a drink:)!
P.S. Right after I put Henry down I checked your blog. Remember all that stuff I was just telling you about reading scriptures and blogging? Yeah, I am pretty much all talk...I think this may be a serious mark against my righteousness-ish-ness!
That first paragraph is too much!! I don't think I could have kept my composure seeing him at bat! Tucker and Kalli are so funny! Adorable kids you have!
I laughed so hard thinking about Tanner and "the cup." I still remember Lance and I being mortified the first game that Jordan and his buddies wore "the cup." They were outfield when they all started KNOCKING on their cups, laughing, knocking some more...not paying one bit of attention to the game they were playing. One of those times that you wish they could hear you screaming in your head. Oh...good times!
You absolutley must take me to one of these baseball games - since I will be the neutral outsider, I would be happy to offer the "mother of the boy with the giant cup" some subtle advice on how to appropriately purchase the aforementioned sports apparatus. But until then, that is the funniest slash hysterical story I've ever heard :0)
Stay classy my friend and I will make sure to return the Michael Jackson poster I just bought for Kali :0)
Post a Comment