Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tanner Jack Sundwall

Tanner Jack turned 12 on May 2nd. He received the Priesthood that same day. I'm still in shock!

I love this boy. He and I share some good history together. He's my firstborn son, after all. He is a soft-hearted, sensitive guy. I love his literal view on things, his judicious perspective of the world. He rounds out my moral compass, you could say. I love his freckled nose and his mischievous grin, his passion for sports and his knowledge of the gospel. I love that he tries his best at whatever it is he's doing (except maybe washing dishes :).

I love his love of children. He finds great humor in the innocence of small people. I love that he knows what he wants and isn't afraid to let you know. Sometimes in a really loud voice.

When Tanner learned to talk, I'd sometimes say to him, "There's my Tanner Jack!" and he'd say, in his slaughtered baby talk, "I not Nack, I Nanner."

I hope he always knows who he is and how much he is loved.


This will come as a shock, but Tanner's birthday party was simply this: a night at a Mariner's game (hot dogs and junk food included) with his best buds: Tucker, Sawyer, Andrew, Preston and Jared. And of course, Dad and Grandpa Dale. The Demarini baseball bat (above and below) is his beloved sidekick, bestowed by the Lewis boys. A true friend knows the desires of your heart...

Pie, not cake. I blame myself, really. I haven't been able to produce a decent birthday cake but for a few times in my children's lives. They've all turned to other forms of birthday dessert.



The Bat. Look at the awe and affection on my boy's face. :)

Boys in motion.

Friends + baseball = Utopia.

I love you Tanner!!

3 comments:

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

What a cool kid and what a fun, perfect birthday! Happy Birthday Tanner!!! I love that you added the quote from him as a toddler. :-)

Sara said...

I love you too Tanner, even if you don't love me, it's my right as your mothers best far away friend! :)

Laurie said...

I've given up on the cake thing too. It's all about cupcakes... what a fun birthday and the best part being, you got to kick back and relax while it went on... smart thinking!