Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why I Love Photography (even if I stink at it!)

Sometimes taking meaningful pictures of one's children can prove to be tricky. Mine are prone to constant movement, unpredictable bouts of humorous activity and occasional but acute camera-itis. So capturing slight traces of their busy lives on the medium of film (albeit digital) is not only a challenge but a joy to behold (well, for me anyway).

Some of our recent events caught in the moment...or split-second...

Tucker single-handedly held off a small army of dodgeballers at Sky High and picked 'em off one by one, closing the game and proclaiming himself Tyrant of the Tramp. (Okay. I made up the title. But he was pretty impressed with his skills).


Kalli's stance of preference: bouncing off a wall. Cousin Macy's corresponding energy level makes them a perfect match.


You know you're a mom when a million things can be going on around you, and you can easily shut out the entire world and direct all of your attention solely to your own kid. My camera was feeling the vibe because Tuck's the only one in focus!


Kalli's tongue has a spasmodic reaction that is solely dependent on her level of concentration. I love her little tongue and all it's funny poses.


Tanner and his new lid. Check out the flat-billed baseball hat. It's twice the size of his head but draws a bounty of "oohs" and "aahs" from envious peers. I think this is truly a sign that my weak foothold in the goings-on of the younger generations is slipping, cuz I don't get the hat appeal.



Dog in bag. Don't ask.


Katelyn and Kalli decided to hold a mock photo shoot. Kate did the makeup; Kalli posed with the out-of-character leo, tutu and flower wand (thanks Marlo!).



This is what I love most about families. You always have an accomplice in some random act of adventure, imagination and even boredom. I love my peeps.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I haven't looked at blogs lately..I love all of your new posts (well, new to me anyway). It looks like you guys have been having fun. I love it that your girls had a photo shoot together. I agree, big families do make life fun!

Melanie said...

Cute! Cute! I love seeing your life in pictures :)

Bailey Bunch said...

Those are some great shots you got of your cute family! Of course your witty comments are always so much fun to read!:)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm sure you can guess which picture is my fav;). Gotta love the lid:)!!