Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009, Part Dos

Continuing on, we attended yet another musical event, Kalli's first piano recital. It was held in the local Methodist church. Here is Kalli, amidst her buddies, with the big gap in her maw. Still waiting for the front teeth to make their grand (and permanent) appearance.



I was most impressed with Kalli's maturity as she introduced herself and the pieces she'd be playing. There was no goofing around whatsoever, which could possibly be a first for her.


I forced her (post-recital) to sit at the piano and let me take a picture of the front of her head.


Katelyn and her friend Jonica showing us what not to do in a Methodist sanctuary. I gave them a stern talking to. :)


Christmas Eve found us at Dale and Susan's for dinner, ice skating and a movie. Apparently "Night at the Museum Two" left a lasting impression on Sean and Eden.
And, as always, the annual nativity reenactment. I love that a few yards of fabric, two towels, some tinsel and a naked doll can bring about the true spirit of Christmas like nothing else can. The kids love this tradition.

We're not sure what part Sean was playing here. But I think it's a nice new look for him, no?

After a delicious dinner and the usual festivities, we returned home for our annual pj opening party. This is where the frenzied excitement usually picks up steam and my kids remain pumped until well into Christmas afternoon.

See what I mean?!

Christmas morning before the slashing of wrapping paper and the shouts of elation.


The stocking ritual; my personal favorite part of the day.


Kate and a little bit of cocoa with her whipped cream and candy canes.

Kalli bought Tanner his very own bottle of French Vanilla coffee creamer. Look at the face: eyes closed, head tilted back slightly, lips puckered. Pure ecstasy.


At ten o'clock, we headed to Ben and Sommer's for brunch and the cousin/grandparent/in-law gift exchange. We then went to Anna and Dave's for dinner and games. Grandma Glo bought all the local grandsons night vision goggles. Here's the result.

This is a common visual of what transpires when it is time to part ways with the Crosbys. There is much puppy-dog-eyeing, whimpering, pleading, begging, cajoling..."can we please have a sleepover??" You get the picture.

And lastly, there was sledding the next day with some of the Sundwall clan. Tuck and I remained at home as Tucker was trying to kick a head cold and I was on the brink of mental collapse with the disaster that had descended on my home. After two loads of laundry and a good vacuuming, I was myself again. :)

5 comments:

Thelma said...

It all looks like a lot of fun. I'm so glad we got to see all of you in November...was it November? Miss you.

Jen said...

What an update! I'm glad to see the fun things your family are doing.

Syd said...

Mara, when did your kids get so big? How is it yours are all grown up and I am having another BABY?? Katelyn is gorgeous, you know that right? She takes after her Mama! :) Are you coming to Utah anytime?

Sara said...

Love them all, looks like I need to come out there so I can have some fun...

Susan said...

Christmas was great! Family dinner, Sharing gifts, and sledding fun with the grandkids.
IT is fun to be so close to our family. Ok, Shelby and Garrett, get up here. Get that house sold!
Susan