Santa and I admittedly didn't get off to a great start. Apparently there is some unspoken protocol that I(silly me) was completely unaware of. It seems that asking a Santa to pose for a picture with a six-year-old kid on a Christmas ship in the Puget Sound on a Monday night in December is unscrupulous. I apparently didn't read the fine print when I booked the cruise. Because when I did ask the Santa aboard our Argosy harbor cruise on Monday night to take a picture with Kalli, he glared at me. A full-blown Scrooge-glare. Completely unbecoming of a pudgy guy in crushed red velvet. Kalli apparently caught the nasty vibe Santa was throwing off. She took off like a shot. Hence, no cute Kalli/Santa picture to share with you. The best picture I could muster of the old guy was this one, from behind. Look at that cocky stance. He just thinks he's all that, doesn't he? :)
I didn't let the crotchety guy ruin our two-hour tour, however (which, incidentally, ended far better than poor Gilligan's trip. I still have a soft spot for Gilligan. Not so soft for the Skipper, however. He was such a whiner. And don't even get me started on Mr. Howell). The kids had a great time exploring the ship, doing crafts and taking brief stints on the sub-freezing deck. Tucker, bless his little heart, opted to leave his coat at home. His 40 lb. body didn't fare too well on the walk back to the car. I kissed his blue lips back to their regular color and he was all smiles by the time we hit the freeway.
6 comments:
Merry Christmas Mars and fam. Glad your cruise was good despite a grouchy Santa. Love seeing the kids -- last time I saw them was when Tucker and Court were babies and we braved korean food with all four kids. I still crave it. Miss you.
I check your blog a couple of times a week for updates (not to put the pressure on you). It was great to see the family having fun in the many activities that were going on. Keep up the good work.. by the way Katelyn should never shun the cameras... she is too cute.
Oh, regarding Sean's motion sickness, I take full credit. He got that from me. I never felt a "motion" that didn't make me queazy.
Love grandma,Susan
Those are some great pictures! That is funny about santa claus. You are always so great with your discriptions and words. I am glad you guys are having such a great Holidays season! Love ya!
Sorry to hear about the grouchy santa. So glad your making the best of it and had a great time. Love the photos.
I love Kali and the tooth sticker. That is so funny.
Aside from grumpy santa, sea sick Sean, and freezing kids, the argossy tour seemed to be a hit! :)Remind me to book it...when I have grandkids!!! :)
How fun--a boat tour in December! I really like Gilligan, too. We should plan a Gilligan-watching weekend sometime ;)
Post a Comment